2015-08-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase alternative running on a router?

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 299824e2a8059a89f44e74e85c457a56a32d0d0a5a293f6dda650f257561505e
Message ID: <55CD77EE.6040706@radez.hr>
Reply To: <2192692d-97aa-4916-9ed8-84d733a57905@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-08-13 22:09:02 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 07:09:02 +0200

Raw message

DD-wrt: https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/
Openwrt: https://openwrt.org/

linksys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series

Basic wisdom here is to choose right device which is tested to work with
any of above 2 router software project. (WRT54G is an example). This can
be tricky part, since router makers keep releasing diferent versions of
same model with very different hardware sometimes.
Good thing is that developers from both sites maintaining compatibility
tables.
Second wisdom is that choosen router has at least 4Mb flash memory.
Otherwise, will be not enough space to install all parts to get
functionality you are looking for.
*
Dra\u017een

*
14.8.2015. u 0:50, sirtet je napisao/la:
> I am looking for a captive portal that can run on a small device like
> a router (or a raspberryPI acting as such), not needing a full pc.
> Found CoovaAP, but that seems a dead project.
> Does anyone know an alternative that aims to be an easy all in one
> solution for non-pro's, like Grase or CoovaAP does?
>
> Or a recommendation for minimal x86 hardware? Low power and low cost
> is what i aim at.
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/2192692d-97aa-4916-9ed8-84d733a57905%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/2192692d-97aa-4916-9ed8-84d733a57905%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread