2015-12-04 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Large backups (Was Re: something odd happened - unable to login, after restart error 500)

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 9fe5b93265313c762d9012590c5c12530af4bc37a22b7e703b99b278d8e73ae8
Message ID: <CAESLx0LxD_uZy9xuO=coN-wx8nPTipXeqROeX9Z2S08na7UGCQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: N/A
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-04 04:27:29 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:27:29 +1000

Raw message

Hi Mohammed

Something is really broken with your install. The radmin database is empty,
completely empty. It's the database that stores the network settings,
portal customisations, admin users, etc.
On the other hand, your radius database looks ok, except it has the buggy
radpostauth table. This was fixed back in July last year, and pushed to the
stable release as a hotfix. The problem was that the radpostauth table was
growing continually and never being cleaned up. Your table is 8Gb now with
73907022 rows!

Can you please post the output of the following commands so I can try and
work out why you haven't gotten that hotfix, and why things look so crazy

apt-cache policy grase-\
lsb_release -a
uname -a
cat /etc/grase/radmin.conf |grep -v password

After that, you may wish to run the TRUNCATE command (via MySQL) on the
radpostauth table to fix it up and bring your backups to a normal size.