2015-12-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: something odd happened - unable to login, after restart error 500

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a97cad412143c9ca8fc4e41da8f7dd359f8c66afa5ca9c65ce71f0830ae6eb0a
Message ID: <CAESLx0LVEo3Jv=sh=t9CBAELah2yJXtTNytFGE=vc2mpe7vXtA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAD_FyHY2ERMBC+KLGw+NANW+W_67y+U4mnh6JzJVLThyin4hYw@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-02 14:07:33 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 07:07:33 +1000

Raw message

Hi Mohammed

Are you saying each daily backup is 200Mb? That sounds awfully large given
that I have hotspots that have been running more than 3 years and the
backup size is much less than that. If it is that large, I think the
monthly archiving of traffic data may be broken.

I am working on setting a limit for the backups, so we can have it auto
clean old backups. Ideally this would come with a builtin function for
rsyncing or uploading to cloud storage, the backups as they are generated.
I currently having something like that setup on one hotspot, but it's just
a hacked together script instead of integrated.