2015-12-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: something odd happened - unable to login, after restart error 500

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: d864f27a85bcbf1958f3264a39e7c499f1978db1511debcc69d193c2f563058c
Message ID: <CAESLx0KVcNq7sY2w1d5qkMHuJqQxPv+REHFfX8_cz5agivJGqQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <11944249-1285-413E-9019-3CD0B7B88B44@miklaszewski.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-02 14:10:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 07:10:28 +1000

Raw message

Something I've taken to doing with my hotspots, is monitoring them with
Zabbix. It's only basic monitoring, but lets me know when one of them is
down, or a disk is filling up, before it brings things to a halt. This is
good practice for any server you are managing. Zabbix runs easily in a
$5/month VPS, and I found a script that uses Google Hangouts to send alerts
instead of SMS so there is no alerting cost. I also use a Widget on my
phone so I can see outstanding alerts.

Highly recommend setting up something to monitor your servers.

Tim