2016-01-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] session problem

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 518d5047fe195f08772c104ddd9d6517c4a41adad1b41727bf9eddc769cb5b7c
Message ID: <CAESLx0KQkZyeHtME3UDnBSqGPg2Fpszz3dLCNRfPprGER2TZoQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <052a4ee0-485b-47a0-b4b7-b8bb60759ad7@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-01-20 15:45:40 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 08:45:40 +1000

Raw message

Hi Veli

You can set a custom idle timeout in a group, or modify the default session
idle timeout. By default it's 10 minutes (600 seconds). Currently there
isn't any way to make the timeout unlimited, and in most cases you wouldn't
want an unlimited timeout. Having lots of sessions "active" ties up
resources including IP addresses as well as CPU/RAM on the server. In most
cases, you'd want to use computer accounts (MAC address accounts).