2016-01-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 3.8.0 going live. (Was Re: 3.8.0 RC2 Released!)

Header Data

From: drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: e330836bcf2a8e395719500a5d9e1e063497722ee77275dbc731736b03511307
Message ID: <56944AD7.4080101@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAESLx0Jwqo5-o+4cD47TPTgjqogfxp4ZWnPR=WmMnQSBCgXKfA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-01-11 17:37:43 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 01:37:43 +0100

Raw message

Actually I did nothing specially with boot partition. I just let ubuntu
installation to adjust partitions to its default values. I was expected
that this part of installation is made to adjust partition in best
practicies manner.
However I found some explanation at ubuntu forum.
It says that because some computers could not boot if boot folder is far
away from disk start. Far means 100Gb away away or so. That is why
ubuntu installation will make /boot partition as separate partition
which is big as 236 Mb (allowed up to 1 Gb but it is not explained when
it will be set to 1 Gb). Anway this is pretty odd reason and solution.
Even 1 Gb big boot willl become full soon.
Will keep on investigation on this.

Dra\u017een

Thread