2016-05-18 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Social Login (OAuth2)

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: 10eed8a43f354a40803201ecfd6e5fafeaa21be3622c19a93202c519e2bd997d
Message ID: <a7465e34-684d-4248-8eaf-36c22b3f7b50@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <573B9306.20108@radez.hr>
UTC Datetime: 2016-05-18 01:38:49 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 01:38:49 -0700

Raw message

This is why I dont allow free access to my AP network...

The Social Login is a mean to obtain social information about the user
(with their permission) for future marketing... I provide free internet in
exchange of the social network information (Name, Email, country), so that
I can later use it to provide segmented marketing.

Currently, my customized Hotspot, provides 4 diferent login types, social
login is just one of them.

There are hostpot solutions that only work with social login... I wanted to
provide that option too.

terça-feira, 17 de Maio de 2016 às 22:54:17 UTC+1, drazen.zuvela escreveu:

> I agree with Tim 100%
>
> Assume everyone under "sky cap" has e.g FB account today (what is not far
> from true).
> If you allow free access to your AP network it would be the same efect as
> you would do with FB account login. So why bother with social ?
>
> AAA is invented many years ago, somehow we need it still today.
> Authentication, Authorization, Accounting , this is exactly what radius
> do. We only need to decide to use it or not. Not using means free.
> I don't see sense.
> Can you Borges explain us what do you wish to achieve with social login?
> Perhaps we don't see your have on your mind.
>
> Rgds.
>
> Drazen
>
> On 05/17/2016 03:35 PM, Timothy White wrote:
>
> A quick look at one of the other hotspots shows that they add it to the
> walled garden, so free facebook until you login with facebook, then you can
> have free wifi.
> It's something we can do, but if you're giving free wifi, why do that
> instead of a free login button? Facebook banned "like gates" that require a
> like before you have access to something, so I don't see any benefits with
> login via facebook.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM, José Borges <jo***.@algardata.pt
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I have an ideia how to do it... and it must have been like they did it...
>> Give free access every day for like 5 minutes to everyone, then they have
>> to login... during those 5 minutes they have enough time to do the social
>> login.
>>
>> That's how im guessing they made it.
>>

>> terça-feira, 17 de Maio de 2016 às 11:30:08 UTC+1, timwhite88 escreveu:
>>>
>>> From my previous research, it appears to be next to impossible
>>> https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/136
>>> Most social sites don't process the social logins through a different
>>> domain, so it's all or nothing. I've heard rumours another hotspot project
>>> has managed to make it work, but I have no idea what trickery they are
>>> doing.
>>> If only they did auth off a subdomain or something it might be possible.
>>> Any breakthroughs you find, please add to that ticket as it's certainly a
>>> much wanted feature!
>>>
>>> Tim

>>> --
>> gr***.@grasehotspot.org <javascript:>.

> [...]