2016-05-24 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] dhcp lease pool after default install

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 5a04131d15afde1988b9abd0d658cf22e4cd90282d992b8632e91e3d256783fd
Message ID: <CAESLx0LB7vTSfYK61=az5ajWZgGtHvr+4ABeyLZ=crjpVtNnrQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <84870b6b-dc3a-4e10-ad78-a1ffdaa094b4@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-05-24 05:05:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 22:05:17 +1000

Raw message

I'm not sure why, but the range in the database isn't the default one. Have
you since changed it?

   1. #chilli_lanip 10.0.0.2
   2. #chilli_wanif eth0
   3. #chilli_lanif eth1
   4. #chilli_network 10.0.0.0
   5. #chilli_netmask 255.0.0.0

If you changed the netmask to 255.0.0.0, then even with an IP of 10.1.0.1
as the server IP, it would start the DHCP range at 10.0.0.1

A good tool to see ip ranges is sipcalc. You can see that the start of the
range is 10.0.0.1. You also have a stupidly large IP range. You should
reduce your netmask to something reasonable, such as 255.255.255.0, or
255.255.254.0 if you need more than 250 odd clients.

Tim

$sipcalc 10.1.0.1/8
-[ipv4 : 10.1.0.1/8] - 0

[CIDR]
Host address - 10.1.0.1
Host address (decimal) - 167837697
Host address (hex) - A010001
Network address - 10.0.0.0
Network mask - 255.0.0.0
Network mask (bits) - 8
Network mask (hex) - FF000000
Broadcast address - 10.255.255.255
Cisco wildcard - 0.255.255.255
Addresses in network - 16777216
Network range - 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
Usable range - 10.0.0.1 - 10.255.255.254