2016-05-17 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Social Login (OAuth2)

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: b09ece4a750557e717b80009fb0a55884edc2220fae379867a5e285e7ef5cc22
Message ID: <CAESLx0Jo7Ewb63=V3r8GW9M+uDgP71X0pAVgcRUEJX1-wKeN5Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <2676f56e-692c-4ea6-8a91-c65a3a01d106@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-05-17 03:30:07 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 20:30:07 +1000

Raw message

>From my previous research, it appears to be next to impossible
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/136
Most social sites don't process the social logins through a different
domain, so it's all or nothing. I've heard rumours another hotspot project
has managed to make it work, but I have no idea what trickery they are
doing.
If only they did auth off a subdomain or something it might be possible.
Any breakthroughs you find, please add to that ticket as it's certainly a
much wanted feature!

Tim