2016-06-29 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Can you use both wired lan and internal wlan simultaneously for client conenctions?

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 7cac8a98cae2895164983cd9cda48b148181795f7b6ff446016309f1dd027b4f
Message ID: <848de31c-dec9-94bc-1ffc-a8e2be566cdd@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAESLx0L_TWjy9dyDG7jRfwHiCv+xLTEWr0Bn1F0p-5vyonooiQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-06-29 21:46:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 06:46:28 +0200

Raw message

Magic word here should be "bonding" not "bridging", also "teaming",
"link agregation", "port trunking".

Here is something about and how to:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBonding

*Drazen *

30.6.2016. u 3:19, Timothy White je napisao/la:
> Hi Derek
>
> You need to make a bridge between the wireless network interface, and
> the wired NIC. You then select this bridge as the Hotspot LAN.
> However, on the one device I've tried this on, for some reason Squid
> transparent proxying didn't work, so I had to disable the squid
> transparent proxy redirect to make it work.
> I've recently purchased a new device to test this with, with dual NIC
> and internal wireless, so hopefully I can play more with the Squid
> issues to work out why it wasn't working.

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Derek Mitchell <de***2@gmail.com
> <mailto:de***2@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I have a PC with dual NICs plus an internal wireless card. Can
>     I configure both a wired lan port and the internal wireless card
>     simultaneously for LAN access? I can use one or the other
>     selecting through the Grase admin interface (p4p1 or wlan0) and
>     both work but cannot figure out how to have them both running
>     together. I would like to use internal wireless card as an access
>     point indoors and plug in another access point that will be
>     mounted outdoors for outdoor coverage. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>     Regards,
>     Derek
>     --
>     To post to this group, send email to
>     gr***t@grasehotspot.org
>     <mailto:gr***t@grasehotspot.org>.
>     Visit this group at
>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/694b1de1-acda-453e-a4ee-48c2b7b175f6%40grasehotspot.org
>     <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/694b1de1-acda-453e-a4ee-48c2b7b175f6%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CAESLx0L_TWjy9dyDG7jRfwHiCv%2BxLTEWr0Bn1F0p-5vyonooiQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CAESLx0L_TWjy9dyDG7jRfwHiCv%2BxLTEWr0Bn1F0p-5vyonooiQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.