2016-06-29 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Can you use both wired lan and internal wlan simultaneously for client conenctions?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: f9937ee904d2f878884cdbb4519c40f907ee3ecb4a68ddd9f55e92ddd6e1a10d
Message ID: <CAESLx0L_TWjy9dyDG7jRfwHiCv+xLTEWr0Bn1F0p-5vyonooiQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <694b1de1-acda-453e-a4ee-48c2b7b175f6@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-06-29 18:19:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 11:19:01 +1000

Raw message

Hi Derek

You need to make a bridge between the wireless network interface, and the
wired NIC. You then select this bridge as the Hotspot LAN.
However, on the one device I've tried this on, for some reason Squid
transparent proxying didn't work, so I had to disable the squid transparent
proxy redirect to make it work.
I've recently purchased a new device to test this with, with dual NIC and
internal wireless, so hopefully I can play more with the Squid issues to
work out why it wasn't working.