2016-07-18 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Snort + Grase?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: f5694fa8cd049d4acb55ba12939f4665695570b3bb58eca223e7331d75e14129
Message ID: <CAESLx0KA3QC5sS9QcBO_T1i9iD4DYf8QQ8THNPrqE5pZz_trrg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+bonMhfJzrA+zvBoO6sXv1w7fveBUHUhdw4X_ZjB7d7Aci8Ow@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-07-18 14:01:03 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:01:03 +1000

Raw message

Hi Karotu

I've not got any experience using Snort with Grase, however it should work
just the same as a normal setup, but you may need to use the tun network
interface instead of putting Snort on the physical interface. If you can
get Snort to run scripts automatically, then you could easily have it
disconnect a user, and even block them.