2016-08-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] The ap’s ubiquiti running ok with grasehotspot?

Header Data

From: David Wilson <da***e@argyle.com.au>
Message Hash: b648d7ec6e774ef1a5c0472ba788676e5b9e7d7cf8809ebeafc518b93d5f7068
Message ID: <036E588D-0E3A-41E2-AA9E-6566D9D8BF20@argyle.com.au>
Reply To: <CAAv3863XSGS1XEUfrfrE5KBf9N+pewRcHxZ6U1brrhmZ14CeiQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-08-02 16:48:43 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 09:48:43 +1000

Raw message

Hi Vicente

The layout of your AP’s will be dependant on a few things such as building, if they are directly above each other or staggered and if you are running 2.4G, 5G or dual band.

There are some great videos here http://www.metageek.com/training/ <http://www.metageek.com/training/>
(I have no affiliation but found them useful for myself)

But basically, for 2.4G you will want to use only channels 1, 6 & 11 and also make sure you are not using 40Mhz channel width (Use 20MHz instead) as 40MHz will create more overlap and thus degrade throughput when adjacent to other access points.

You want to have your AP’s placed so that they can’t hear each others radio transmissions (i.e. put adjacent ones on different channels) and adjust the power down to cover the area that it needs to.

Using 5G is a lot easier to do this as there is a lot more room in the spectrum.

Hope that helps

Dave