2017-06-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] dnsmasq caching

Header Data

From: Tubeta Taenang <tu***g@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 846490a9e6bbaf20c9686cfa64c93899d5de316096c94829bad4f25df1dcc8e4
Message ID: <CAPYsbFa0f7m0FBVQ31WN19CGrM5YH28C-tVLHzCbaPU9ykp8WQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0Jsftp-V5qTFjt-CMw5-xcfdY5Ebvn=RYtyVF2WyXtOOQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-06-27 21:46:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:46:06 +1200

Raw message

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your respond,

It is very interesting because according to the README file located within
the /etc/dnsmasq.d/ folder, it says that the dnsmasq config files should be
within the folder /etc/dnsmasq.d/, not the default /etc/dnsmasq.conf. So
there is a bit confusion on my part.

And now you are telling me that the default dnsmasq.conf file should be the
running config file. But this is very different in my case because every
line of that file is *commented* *out* and I never though that this file
was ever used at all.

On the other hand, /etc/dnsmasq.d/01.grasehotspot file get fed from the
radmin web interface and it seems that those are the settings for dnsmasq.

Please correct me and explain further.

What about /etc/chilli/config file? And /etc/default/dnsmasq? Should I
comment out the CONFIG_DIR directive within the /etc/default/dnsmasq file
and use /etc/dnsmasq.conf file to configure dnsmasq?

I will need this clarifications from you before I will dive into it. Please
help.

Thanks for your time and support.

Tubeta