2017-06-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] dnsmasq caching

Header Data

From: Tubeta Taenang <tu***g@gmail.com>
Message Hash: b6cd46704a3f912ef341e4cd74ade633a6a0c7086e560f0923cd28d0e7a75512
Message ID: <CAPYsbFaTqbkJJjwscRTQiDuqQGA0FxyyHJBbMqY+oX6JjHvjEw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0LrBSXrnv5A5G1ByWNVg-Snd8E8Nc+Lpb_U5xy7dh+YOQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-06-27 15:38:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:38:38 +1200

Raw message

Hello Tim,

Sadly that is not working for this box. All DNS queries are answered by my
ISP DNS servers and I have verified that using dig. For your information I
didn't set up this grase box and I am new to grase as well.

So I need your help on this. My ISP (Speed Cast) reported that my traffic
is congested mostly by DNS queries.

Now what I want to do is to make grase to do caching. The reference script
in /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-grasehotspot doesn't show me that it does caching. So
I have added another script (02.grasehotspot-caching) in the same directory
which contains only one line:

          cache-size = 1000

But I think it doesn't do anything at all.

Can you tell me how can I verify that my grase is doing caching for all DNS
queries and act as a local DNS server for my network?

Please help

Thanks
Tubeta