2017-06-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Compatibility with next Debian version “stretch”

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a66603a5c3b383a8c68f4dbd24e6dc5b17a07b0bd7d6e7d87cf816db9866d5db
Message ID: <CAESLx0+v7_Bbo-VTUwhGrX8L1YXu+gaHY3+8LZzGioCkbVypHw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <3793cf7e-cdd2-4e3f-b40c-d31bed01e1d9@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-06-01 21:30:09 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 14:30:09 +1000

Raw message

Hi Alan

Unfortunately, at this stage you won't be able to run the Grase Hotspot on
Debian 9. Ubuntu 16.04, and Debian 9, are running PHP7. We have some issues
with PHP7 in the current version due to some libraries we depend on. I had
hoped to fix all that back in Jan, but realised that the whole library
needs to be replaced, which is a lot of work.

I'm hoping to instead start work on version 4.0, which will require PHP7.
At that stage, I'll ensure that version 4.0 works on the current Ubuntu LTS
version (16.04) and current Debian Stable version.

Unfortunately, lack of time is working against me at the moment.