2018-05-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] how to cleanup old data and logs

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 6d5f5b164662c86f2dd7961120a4a863e61bb3393ed3f496822e21bf0742eb80
Message ID: <CAESLx0LVKnQfWW0b9O4auSDanVjOeaVdpdZhVwjEn0m6GV3y+Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <72c142d4-1ab3-4729-be6b-53b60ff90354@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2018-05-20 05:43:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 22:43:45 +1000

Raw message

Hi Gianluca

Could you please run the support collection tool (
https://grasehotspot.org/support/collecting-support-information/) to
provide us with more information.

The reason I ask, is that there are automated scripts that clean up parts
of the hotspot. In particular, the usage stats are in monthly totals, so
take up very little space per user after 2-3 months. However, it may be
possible you are running an older version where those scripts didn't work
and so that database has kept growing.

Having said that, the first place to look to free up space is the backups
directory. /var/backups/grase/database/
No current version cleans this up, and so you may have 5+ years of backups
filling up that directory. Feel free to delete as much out of that as you
want. I've created an issue (
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/174) to ensure that
in the future we do cleanup that directory. Any suggestions on how much
people want retained there by default would be appreciated.