2019-03-18 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Expecting updates

Header Data

From: Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: c05beb43ad78959f2caa35a30c1c1360ff2ed7c2421f6712a62761b3613df5cf
Message ID: <CAGPMUcHuZiwnSrWo9a21zfX4wGi4asO4N6pOKA2FmXnJziMi4w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0LPqunSpkR54ErTSB8aikmapE4986HrKg4HW+_WQ9z0bA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-03-18 15:22:08 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 15:22:08 -0700

Raw message

I, for one, would hope this continues.  I'm awaiting the update to 18.04
because then it's supported for five years within the OS, as was the
release that coincided with Ubuntu 14.04.

I'm not sure compatibility with Debian should be as important as
compatibility with Ubuntu.  Not to start a flame war, but IMHO Ubuntu and
its additional three rounds (testing, unstable, and stable) makes for a
better quality OS.  Besides, Ubuntu commits to a 5-year support period for
the LTS versions, which (IMHO again) are more stable.

So long as the current version will install, let's be patient.

--
Charlie
cc***2@gmail.com

Thread