2019-08-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Updating grasehotspot

Header Data

From: Charles Chambers <cc***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 88ae60266f307fd351092a8b7d6d7e565d8c2597c70d98c88484c250cd44e3b6
Message ID: <fafd1f76-8194-e1c8-1353-5961228c5c26@gmail.com>
Reply To: <8bef5707-dbdf-44c2-baaf-fef156d83bc5@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2019-08-02 19:08:37 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 19:08:37 -0700

Raw message

I have no problem with this idea, and I can start on August 6.

If the community as a whole doesn't want to participate, then *I* think
a crippleware feature is appropriate for unlicensed hotspot operators.

I'm not real keen on funding an upgrade for the entire community.

Charlie

========

On 8/1/19 11:48 PM, 'christopher' via Grase Hotspot wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> As it seems that there may well be another person, other than your
> regular donor who seems to be willing to make a contribution, I am
> asking you, if you had donations that covered 2 full days per month,
> how long would it take you to actually be able to finish your own
> internal code upgrades to the point of being able to upgrade to the
> 18.x version of Ubuntu?  What I am in essence asking, is, with two
> days of payment per month, how many months would it take you to reach
> that goal?
>
> I am seriously looking at giving $200 au per month, and if one or more
> others could come up with the second day, that would give everyone,
> including yourself a better idea.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher.
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/8bef5707-dbdf-44c2-baaf-fef156d83bc5%40grasehotspot.org