2019-08-04 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Updating grasehotspot

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 96e1eb8773b038243b38812f91f32e97bc8823bcf6b160df2148bf65c2a8e042
Message ID: <CAESLx0LVDJYtt_hdWmr-pOqJDCVqE8wMMW14NLrKKyG8-v5yGg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <fafd1f76-8194-e1c8-1353-5961228c5c26@gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2019-08-04 14:07:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 07:07:18 +1000

Raw message

Hi Guys

At 2 days a month ($400/month) I expect I can have functional code out by
late January. If we're going down this path, I'll send the donors a list of
"features" so they can prioritise what is needed for them first. e.g. we
can leave off the reports until everything else has been upgraded etc etc.

I won't however have a crippleware product. Not everyone in the community
is in a position to donate financially, and over the years there have been
many contributions in other ways. Please also remember that it's licensed
under the GPL license, which requires the source code to be provided to
anyone who it is distributed to, and that they have all the rights under
the GPL license, including modifying it and redistributing it under that
same GPL license. This effectively makes it impossible to produce a
crippleware product.

If any donors are located in Australia and want to direct deposit into a
bank account instead of using Stripe, they can contact me off list.

I look forward to being able to take some time off my day job and actually
focus on bring the Grase Hotspot into the modern software age.