2020-01-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Cleanup GRASE

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 28744b508a9b6749c45b8fe57e92d5df0eaaaa811a623d07b80d9ffa458ce76c
Message ID: <CAESLx0+McCUa0oJ5F+C5nv1C6PSxrniSX5re4yB5tnyCsVH1kw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <6295a4ca-7bd7-43d1-8dd0-30e9b8e1812f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2020-01-27 00:39:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 15:39:10 +0800

Raw message

Hi Stephan

If the normal cron is running, that'll automatically delete expired users,
and condense previous months into the mtotacct table (1 row per user per
month, instead of 1 row per session).
However, if you haven't given your users expiries, it makes it much harder
to work out when to delete them.

If however, you do have data and time limits set, then we can easily
cleanup users who have exhausted all of their limit.
The cron script is accessed by cron via the webserver, so you can use curl
to call it, or even your webbrowser. Replace 127.0.0.1 with your hotspot IP
address
The basic cron script that just does the normal cleanup (and deleting of
expired users) is: http://127.0.0.1/grase/radmin/cron.php
If you want to delete all users who have used up their timelimit, you can
go to: http://127.0.0.1/grase/radmin/cron.php?deleteoutoftimeusers=1
If you want to delete all users who have used up their datalimit, you can
go to: http://127.0.0.1/grase/radmin/cron.php?deleteoutofdatausers=1

If you have some other criteria that determine if the user should be
deleted, you'll have to manually delete them for now. But please, if you
have other ideas on detecting old users to delete automatically (with a
switch), then let me know as it's easy enough to modify the Cron's to have
other options.