2020-06-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Group configuration: how to create a group with a different volume depending on the time of day

Header Data

From: Tim <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 2c83f8948250117a680c10fbdc66d9533cb69123297b6e389da708922ffae57a
Message ID: <CAESLx0+L8C51ipCFFOUqv26-iFQhr2O9jVbtiqEvztVSfdByEQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <bb6919de-0b65-4f74-8ef7-2cd7f15ea0fco@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2020-06-27 01:25:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 16:25:20 +0800

Raw message

Hi Yayato

This isn't currently something that's been implemented. While it is
possible with Freeradius/Coova Chilli, it requires some complicated custom
programming in Freeradius to be implemented. It also relies on something
called COA (Change Of Authorization) which adds complexity to the setup.

As much as I'd love to be able to support this, it's not currently planned
due to the significant complexity increase in the Freeradius/Coova Chilli
integration, and the extra code that needs to be written for FreeRadius to
handle this. Feel free to create an issue for it (
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues) so we can attempt
it in the future.