2012-01-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Problem with the installation

Header Data

From: Oscar Saiz <os***z@telefonica.net>
Message Hash: a2b962d9984c7fd8aa82a3f7eba945578e1a87d6a971e428ba03e8258dab4b99
Message ID: <C0FFF66886A549CC8B7065F499D9F020@PC>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+_GHBTQcFofOFUnS-BgDk9X6MyoL2b4WYYeSFhDO_GxA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-01-20 13:18:58 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:18:58 +0100

Raw message

Hello Tim,
I've tried to install grase hotspot in UBUNTU SERVER AND GUI 11.04, 11.10,
10.04 and I'm not be able to do that.
Firstly I install the server, then I install the LAMP and finally I install
the grase hotspot. And I obtain always the same bugs. As I told you when I
reboot the server it gives to me some errors like:
"Syntax error: [in error.tpl line 3] Syntax error: block function is not
implemente. (Smarty _Compiler.class.php, line 720) in
/usr/share/php/smarty/smarty.class.php on line 1093."
Afterthat when the server restarts I obtain some errors like dnsmasq and vpn
has failed. And if I tried to do service chilli restart I get the messages
that you can see in ubuntu_chilli file.

I've always followed all the step from your instructions and I don't know
where the mistake is.

Finally I've tried to install the grase hotspot in a nootbook that I have (I
only have one network interface), but I've changed the o.s. I've installed
DEBIAN 6 and I think that more or
less it's working. I think that because when I start the server I get the
following message: "virtual private network daemon: grase fail"  and when  I
reboot the server I get "php warning: Invalid argument supplied for
foreach() in /usr/share/grase/www/radmin/networksettings.dnsmasq.php on line
93". Although if I make service chilli restart, it starts correctly.

I've done that you say to me (dkpg -l) about my ubuntu and debian too. (you
can see files ubuntu and debian)

Sorry for this long email.

Could you help me?

Thanks