2012-02-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Save log on remote server

Header Data

From: Silvério Santos <SS***s@web.de>
Message Hash: 0fb1f8644fd1d2922f06f6dfb20bcbef739fd41d97ccb8e37048ad3040b47195
Message ID: <4F318F4B.4050002@web.de>
Reply To: <0B6A2E0E-1766-41FF-A612-B6AC21B81AF1@kvs-lyngdal.no>
UTC Datetime: 2012-02-07 13:53:31 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:53:31 +0100

Raw message

Am 07.02.2012 09:45, schrieb Frank:
> I'm setting up a Grase hotspot on a school-network, and most things seems to work smoothly.
> However, the admin is suspicious about anything not labeled "Microsoft Windows", and since Grase is open for modifications the logs could end up on sourceforge. I'm therefore wondering if there is a way to make Grase save data to a database on a different server on our network, and then preferably a Microsoft SQL solution of some kind (if such a thing exists..).

Frank,

for the admin the fix would be to make him better known to Linux, so he
can see the power and configurability of Linux himself.

Don't know if all logs are processed by a syslog service, but generally
spoken all rsyslog processed logs can be sent to an SQL server and the
communication between the machines can be TLS encrypted (using stunnel
with older versions and rsyslog itself with newer).

Best regards
Silvério

Thread