2012-02-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] squid and opendns

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 874e9329a4f1bc7fb4d18f4bae34710d739d0aa5a9ccbcb57c88896bb5bc393c
Message ID: <4F396D70.3050508@gmail.com>
Reply To: <4C39BF4F308A4C25A37333118CBAF4E9@PC>
UTC Datetime: 2012-02-13 13:07:12 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:07:12 +1000

Raw message

On 14/02/12 01:52, Oscar Saiz wrote:
> Since last squid change, I\u2019m trying to configure two ACL in
> squid.conf.grase and I can\u2019t do it. One for avoid to search some words
> (like sex, porn...) and other to avoid that users can download some
> files. (.exe, .com...) It worked in the past (previously version) but
> not now.
> I want to do that because as you know I\u2019m using OpenDns family filter
> and if you write in google some words like porn, sex and then you push
> in images and you can see them. I would like to avoid it. And It was
> working previously.
> I tried to add the ACL in squid.conf.grase and squid.conf and it
> doesn\u2019t work.

Are you getting any errors in the squid logs?
The last squid change was a one line to force it to use the dnsmasq
server on the hotspot, this shouldn't have stopped ACL's from working
(other than the fact it overwrote them).

What I'll do shortly is allow you to place all your customisations in an
external file for squid (http://trac.grasehotspot.org/ticket/58) so you
can put ACLs in there that won't be overwritten on update.