2012-05-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Precise install?

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 9c6fe0fee9134a1f376b2c54f8064ed1c2e84aee8c1892511483c34ab44f90ab
Message ID: <4FA1AA70.9060706@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAFaSQod5VqMG-j7Jb4C9W1dnwZ6a0Y4JwhTQepykDAdueAOFsQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-05-02 14:43:12 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 07:43:12 +1000

Raw message

On 02/05/12 22:05, bb gate wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anybody get GRASE to work with Precise 12.04? I\ufffdve got an error
> page (http://10.1.0.1/grase/radmin/) saying \ufffdGetting groups failed:
> MDB2 Error: no such table\ufffd. So what did I do wrong?

I've not yet had a chance to sort things out for Precise, as I'm still
short my development machine. (I have an update in the
dev.packages.grasehotspot.org repo that hasn't been fully tested and
pushed out as well).
However, that error message suggests a MySQL error. Is this a new
install or an update? If it's a new install, then the database install
scripts failed. During the install, it should have asked you for the
database administrators password twice, and each time it would install a
different database (once for the radmin database, once for the radius
database). The groups table is in the radmin database if I remember
correctly.

Can you login to MySQL and verify the database structure? (USE radius;
show tables;)

Can you confirm that you followed the install instructions at
http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/installation/ ??

Thanks