2012-07-23 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Newbie on Grase HotSpot

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e091f71beadb610570be2520a19f5a5c8917db2924449a5671821318c6e68970
Message ID: <500E3DC4.7000207@gmail.com>
Reply To: <002401cd68b5$a7a52640$f6ef72c0$@etelecom.es>
UTC Datetime: 2012-07-23 23:16:36 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:16:36 +1000

Raw message

Hi Dani, welcome to the list!

On 23/07/12 19:29, Dani e.Telecom wrote:

> I have 2 issues related with your Grase HotSpot:
>
> 1)Where can I find the websites that my clients visit?

Under Monitor Sessions, if you click on the session id (number on the
left most side) it should take you to a log for that users sessions.
Currently there is no "summary" for the entire user base.

> 2)I have a disconnection problem. After 5 or 6 minutes I have to login
> again but my iddle time is 3600 seconds. Why is that possible and how
> can I solve this?

This is a problem a few people are having, but I've not yet been able to
recreate here. Can you tell me some more details of your setup to assist
me please.
Firstly, which Debian/ubuntu version are you using, and did you install
the Server or Desktop version?
Since you set it up, have you changed the wan/lan interfaces in the
admin interface, and clicked save, or where they already correct so you
didn't click save?
What "customisations" have you made to the network settings and the
portal settings?
How are your network interfaces setup? Through network manager or
/etc/network/interfaces? Can you give details of the setup (just put the
contents of /etc/network/interfaces if you can, otherwise the basic
settings from network manager).

Thanks. I hope to solve this soon.