2013-04-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Critical packaging error - libssl is to NEW!

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 6c10870a71cdd43c0397a39f277e0c607653abe685b71bc6d7057496768b6463
Message ID: <515CF025.4090805@gmail.com>
Reply To: <201304040413.23604.solbu@solbu.net>
UTC Datetime: 2013-04-03 20:14:45 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 13:14:45 +1000

Raw message

Hi Johnny

Due to Ubuntu packaging both versions, it was decided for now to compile
against 0.9.8 for now. The solution to installing it is to install the
Debian 6 version of the libssl0.9.8 package. (See
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/libssl1-0-0-Debian-Wheezy-Ubuntu-Precise/td-p/42657
for an example)

This is perfectly acceptable in the Debian world, and works nicely.
There are plenty of packages having issues with this currently, and
until we can find a nice solution, this is life. Short of maintaining
multiple repositories (for different debian/ubuntu versions), this is
the best solution for now.

It was thanks to your complaints last year, that I got the amd64 version
built correctly for 0.9.8. You can't win them all :P
If you find a better solution, let me know.

Tim