2013-09-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Issues during installation

Header Data

From: Drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: cc516dc6eae1d78e7c6c44c04de13d0c8e602f006800e00de05ae140a2f522ae
Message ID: <52459BA1.7040006@radez.hr>
Reply To: <7e51e53f6395403b892fedf0f92dd78d@BL2PR03MB259.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-09-27 07:52:17 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:52:17 +0200

Raw message

On 26.9.2013 21:50, Sam Clore wrote:

> ·Two NICs
>
> oEth1 is connected via Ethernet cable to a switch which is then
> connected to my LAN
>
> oEth0 isn't connected to anything
>
> ·According to the server setup, my internet interface is on eth1
>
> I was looking at the hardware setup picture located here:
> http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/hardware-setup/
> <http://grasehotspot.org/documentation/hardware-setup/> and am a
> little confused.
>
> The picture seems to indicate three things:
>
> 1.That the wireless AP is connected to a switch
>
> 2.That the server is connected directly to the internet
>
> 3.That the server is also connected to a switch
>
> Is #2 from above correct?  Must the server be directly connected to
> the internet or can it be connected to the LAN via a switch?
>
> Is it required that I have eth0 connected to something during
> installation?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Sam again.
I haven't realised your confusion in second part of your message until
saw the picture you pointed.

How about this picture:
https://plus.google.com/photos/108215489267527604536/albums/5928314714882924513

Drazen