2013-10-04 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Antwort: An idea for Grase hardware

Header Data

From: Thomas Heil <he***l@terminal-consulting.de>
Message Hash: 5dd9b64ee4b36ef756e5757affffbd7f67e2087bf143bc8f6beaba6ff08939df
Message ID: <524EABA9.6020705@terminal-consulting.de>
Reply To: <OF0FD32CA6.38B3067A-ONC1257BF9.007BBE59-C1257BF9.007CD9B5@kreis-aachen.intern>
UTC Datetime: 2013-10-04 04:51:05 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:51:05 +0200

Raw message

Hi,

On 04.10.2013 00:43, th***o@staedteregion-aachen.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you're looking for something really small with very low power
> consumption,
> i would suggest trying a raspberry pie. Maybe you need to port some of the
> components necessary for grase to raspbian first....
> The B-Model has just one Ethernet NIC but USB-NICs and WLAN-Sticks
> are supported.
I cannot suggest these low power hardware. The reasons for raspberry pi
 - only one nic (which is bound to usb)
   you can increase network latency by moving the mouse
 - you need a usb wlan stick
   the firmware e.g. for ath9k_htc is limited to 7 simultanous devices

Ive tried the pi and could get max throughout up to 700KByte/s. My grase
was running
with chilli, squid and squidguard.

So I decided to give small x86 hardware a chance again.

> CU,
>
> Thomas

cheers,
thomas