2014-08-17 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Eth0 and Wlan0 problems

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: ac65bb8b626d6e92d322c39b157e08e5834266567fbff9ab8eaf42050c41e3fd
Message ID: <53F19460.2030007@radez.hr>
Reply To: <d6d9a036-fa25-4fdf-9680-6a7be0967bad@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-08-17 22:51:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:51:28 +0200

Raw message

@Elliot
I can see more clear now.
Well, how I see weakness here is that 722n and that wireless connection
to 1043.
Although you got that working, 1043 radio will be quite busy talking to
many sides.
How about usb-to-ethernet adapter. You will get wired LAN side.
I had post here before, don't know how to link it. Title was "An idea
for Grase hardware".
Here I have link to some photos:
https://plus.google.com/photos/108215489267527604536/albums/5923511266866501809

Hope this may help you.
Rgds. Drazen

Dana 17.8.2014. 21:47, Eliot Ness je napisao:
> Ok @drazen thank you for reply.
> Grase machine as you see based on atom 330 with 1x ethernet internal
> connected direct to xdsl modem
> So no other space to add second card in this mini mainboard, except usb
> So i add an 722n tp-link in a usb port and recognized as wlan0 on grase.
>
> No the hard stuff.
> Modem - router - ap is a 1043nd with in openwrt 12.09 modified
> I disable in : LAN - WAN - DHCP and leave it as ap with ip 10.1.0.0
> and no encryption.
>
> 722n usb see it and connected auto and give ip 10.1.0.1
> Grase is now on ip 10.1.0.20
> I give on grase ip range 100 - 200, and make tests with my xperia
> android and a laptop that i got.
> Looking ok, connected with the login screen, and logout.
>
> So ip ranges was the problem. SOLVED
> Next step is to connect ap with another 2 client routers - paired mac
> adr and wds modes to cover signal.
> I will post tests soon
>
> On Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:30:46 AM UTC+3, Eliot Ness wrote:
>
>     Lets see what i test , and where i stuck...
>     Ubuntu 12.04
>     Atom 330 with 1x eth giga
>     1x usb tp-link 722n ( recognized and working ok )
>
>     Grase installed and working ok, but after browsing pages 2 -3
>     minutes comes up extremly slow, or not connected.
>
>     Eth0 and Wlan0 recognized ok on grase
>     Eth0 is connected on a dsl modem DHCP and get a dedicated ip
>     paired to mac address 192.168.1.50 internet ready to run
>     Wlan0 is connected on a tp-link 1043nd with modified openwrt
>     default ip 192.168.1.1 .... (here is the problem)
>
>     Essid on 1043nd is open, no wep, no wpa, DHCP disabled
>     If i disable also auto connect and DHCP on wlan0 it never connect
>     If static ip (192.168.1.2) on wlan0 it connects and looking ok,
>     but as i say above after 2-3 minutes of browsing with grase login
>     it goes slow to extremly slow.
>
>     How to connect wlan0 to ap correctly TIM?
>     Thank you in advance!

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/d6d9a036-fa25-4fdf-9680-6a7be0967bad%40grasehotspot.org
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/d6d9a036-fa25-4fdf-9680-6a7be0967bad%40grasehotspot.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread