2014-10-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] How to Import CSV file in to Microsoft Word, and edit labels your self…

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 04e65e40b1d20f185a7a92c48aa8fe9e40e25619b23bdf893fe380c78b15d6b2
Message ID: <543391C8.8020400@radez.hr>
Reply To: <3b21287f-1644-4c0c-826e-392051674712@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-10-07 00:10:00 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 09:10:00 +0200

Raw message

Since Grase itself doesn't have much possibilities at this area, we need
to use other ways to do this.
Label template as suggested by @bartosz with some variants are most
handy so far.
However, this method is not always effective.
It depends of how fast and how frequent you need to release new tickets.

1. School case.
If  you need to generate mass vouchers for school kids you can use this
"label/csv way", actually it is best way for that. Here we assume that
vouchers will have duration during the whole school year, and it  would
be nice if we have control of Internet use by kid name. So it is
necessary to enter each unique name for each pupil divided in class (as
group) . Quite a lot of work but there is a time enough to prepare all
that in advance.
Some mass import/export of users would help here a lot. Especially when
new school year starts we need to move all pupils to higher class,  so
group need to be changed. Some LDAP integration here would help if exist.

2. Company guests case
When you wish to give access for partners which are visiting your
company for a day then you need quickly to print out couple of vouchers,
with partner name on it, and you wish that to looks good. Here you don't
have much time if you need to open new user first.
I suggest here to have pre-finished sheet (.doc, .odt) with labels
designed but with empty fields. Then copy/paste username and password
from grase page to this label fields and print whole page out. Cut them
and give to your guests. Down side, you are wasting whole page for one
or just couple of users.
I found convenient to have preprinted some spare nice looking labels
with single user/password and multiple connections allowed. This is for
case when Grase admin is not at site when guest arrived.

3. Coffee bar case
Here you have many new users each day and they need voucher as fast as
they will get their drink. I don't see other way then prepare in advance
a huge number of users/tickets, with very limited time/traffic, but
extended end date in the future.  This give us ability   to prepare
number of tickets 3 or more months in advance.
Then use csv export and import into label's template document as
@bartosz suggested.

2.A There is one more way similar to case 2 above. Labels are preprinted
but fields left empty. Upon opening new user in Grase, fill up empty
fields at pre-printed labels by hand.  If anybody here still know how to
use a pen :)

Of course, graphical design of labels, company logo and other fancy
decoration assumed. But this is artwork outside the Grase totally.

Dana 7.10.2014. 2:17, bartosz je napisao:
> Hi guys, Ive been looking for the ways how to improve lables/tickets
> for wifi, so this is what ive found and it looks quite good, you can
> mod your tickets as you like...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5RjTt74JMQ
>
> have you got any other ways to do it ?
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/3b21287f-1644-4c0c-826e-392051674712%40grasehotspot.org