2015-01-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Reboot Grase server from Web Management Interface

Header Data

From: Louis <lo***3@gmail.com>
Message Hash: eabb1286721a9735ab47960bc086f471b71d0c603538d324614a9a22eb2f0587
Message ID: <22e5e8dd-3693-4d7a-9614-772c90c6627c@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAAmyF+dJaMkzTGd5UbdSOc+a7F-9eo5n-9peN9uM2-v6HoctvA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-01-19 12:57:21 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 11:57:21 -0800

Raw message

Thank you all for your responses. I can and do access Grase via SSH with no
problems. If a reboot on the web management interface poses some measure of
security risk then it may not be worth our while.
Cheers

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 7:05:16 AM UTC+2, António Chimuzu wrote:

> Hi.
> Im using Grase on a virtual machine runn8ng ubuntu server controlled by
> webmim.
> From webmin you can control the server with a web interface from any
> machine that includes rebooting. For a remote command line tool i use
> shellinabox.
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015, 02:13 NeonJohn <j.***.@neon-john.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

>> On 01/13/2015 03:53 PM, Timothy White wrote:
>> > Hi Louis
>> >
>> > It is something that could be added. Some security considerations would
>> be
>> > needed. Feel free to open a feature request at
>> > https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues
>> >
>> > Tim
>>
>> Louis,
>>
>> You might consider enabling Remote Desktop on your computers.  That way
>> you can remotely log into your GRASE computer and operate from the
>> desktop.  That includes rebooting.  That's the way I do things.
>>
>> John
>>

>> --
>> John DeArmond
>> Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
>> http://www.fluxeon.com      <-- THE source for induction heaters
>> http://www.neon-john.com    <-- email from here
>> http://www.johndearmond.com <-- Best damned Blog on the net
>> PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net: BCB68D77

>> <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/
>> grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/
>> grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/54B5B488.8070107%40neon-john.com.

Thread