2015-02-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Question on Free Login Group

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e5e3622c9d2ab7cf76a26c6e615d1e2257bf3361ac13ed6b24fbf9e1e2a2f0c1
Message ID: <CAESLx0J3HdmeWeDtrntagV_VpqaBQxf5FejcNqQYmeYRn=j_Xg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <54C17305.7080100@neon-john.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-02-13 21:14:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:14:00 +1000

Raw message

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:00 AM, NeonJohn <jg***d@neon-john.com> wrote:

> On 01/22/2015 03:33 PM, Louis wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim thanks for your response. What im driving at is for a user/ gadget
>> to be allowed only one time Free login whether its for 1 day or 10hrs.
>> Such
>> that after the user's free use then they "must" pay. This particular user
>> must not have a free use again. Dont know if what im saying makes sense.
>>

> Yes, makes sense.  You want to allow a given MAC address only one free
> login (or better, a specified number of logins) during a specified
> interval, say, 24 or 48 hours.
>
> That feature would be useful to me too.  I have a couple of local
> residents who are living on my free login.  I have it slowed down to about
> dial-up speed but that's apparently good enough for them.  I hate to slow
> it down any more so as not to affect legitimate free users. This feature
> would address that problem.
>
> Not a high priority for me right now.  I can go have a talk with them. But
> I imagine that would be very useful elsewhere.
>
> John

Hi Guys

This is already possible (or should be). Just set a time limit (not a
recurring time limit) and they'll get the time limit once off, and then be
out of "time" for future free logins. That option will only apply to new
logins created in that group, so you'll need to manually set the existing
accounts to have a time limit.