2015-06-02 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Raspberry Pi/Raspbian

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 8865a1693e7f52c2a7c3248c0c9fad6cb8ef55d738f59115224f2c34a05d649d
Message ID: <CAESLx0JQtKBZsGhNTpAgL9wS2_Zote=OG34PtdFOHosS7NTngg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <9c89f7ce-9bd0-4118-a771-ad572927405f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-06-02 15:42:03 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 08:42:03 +1000

Raw message

Hi Dominik

I'm not sure if you can use it on a Raspberry Pi 2. Only having 1 network
port makes it difficult, as you then need to find a USB network card
(wireless or wired) that works well.

We do build the binary parts of the system for ARM platforms, and it works
on Banana Pi Router Boards, as well as Cubie Trucks (Cubieboard 3 IIRC).
Assuming that the Raspberry Pi uses the same ARM architecture, and you can
find a network card that works, you'll be able to do it.

I think about 2 years ago I played with it, and had it working with a 3G
USB modem for the WAN, and then had the LAN plugged into a wireless router.
>From memory, you'll need to use https://www.raspbian.org/ and then it
should work.