2015-08-03 - Re: Reflect changes after changing group

Header Data

From: Sheena Arora <sh***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1de0c123a44f0e62712f35c7b600bcc2c2bb29ab5f196e202e699fe2962b2c12
Message ID: <ce57460b-8bb0-463f-b0b9-912e0f86025d@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <8bdd7c1a-7604-4930-ad16-04be3e63b1b8@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-08-03 03:22:24 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 03:22:24 -0700

Raw message

Thanks Tim!!

Actually I am trying to implement social login in which I stuck in 2 parts.
Implementation goes as
1.User clicks on "login using facebook"
2. On clicking it , it will create temporary user( this user will be given
2min-2mb internet access i.e very limited access) and log in with it.
3. After this , user will be redirected to FB side where all the
authentication is performed.
4. When user redirects back to grase, I want temporary user to logout and
fb user(or some other id will be given to user) is logged in.

Problem 1
========
Creating temporary user: I call 'createUser()' php function (defined in
admin side) to create a temporary user assigning it to a group which has
limited access. and when control comes back , call to chilli 'logon' is
made . It successfully creates a user and let it log in , but the same time
when I refresh the browser , the temporary user get logged out .

I am unable to understand this weird behaviour. Could you please help me in
it that where am I doing wrong??

Problem2
=======
The last step is temporary user logout and another user login [again inside
the code]. I called chilli 'logoff' and after it 'logon' , but I am not
able to login using new user.

Eagerly waiting for your reply...

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 5:01:28 PM UTC+5:30, Sheena Arora wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was testing "changing group" option of Edit User feature. I have a
> question that when I change the group from ,say group1 to group2, then the
> changes get reflected after user logout and then login again[Assuming user
> is currently logged in]
>
> If group1 has  some timeLimit and group2 has no timeLimit set  , and after
> changing user's group from group1 to group2 [Or if I change TimeLimit of
> that user to some other value as well] , I want him to stay logged in and
> remain unaware about the change happened.
>
> Could it be possible for changes to take place immediately at user side?
> If yes , then how can I achieve this?
>

> Regards
> Sheena Arora

Thread