2015-08-03 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: 3.8.0 RC1 Released!

Header Data

From: Guilherme Blum <gu***m@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 70a87d1db397368c2640d448b0a074d65ae56314a4f2b2f727ae476fd350b5e6
Message ID: <99cb2025-8b6e-4d97-a8e9-0a843053c7da@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+2ZDpuSxuk6CsMULvZ8sMqPcyiZVrfp5k_G-PKt49TXA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-08-03 05:22:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 05:22:10 -0700

Raw message

I've made a mistake... I conntrack isn't there.

Here on Brazil, we have a law that say you want to track and log the access
of your hotspot users, but just the connection, not the content.

So the transparent proxy in our case is illegal, what I need in this case,
is just a connection track log, something like: originating IP, port,
Protocol and Destination IP, por and Protocol, by time, crossing this data
with auth user.

I know its something different from everywhere... but... After NSA, our
govern wants to track everything

Em domingo, 2 de agosto de 2015 05:27:31 UTC-3, timwhite88 escreveu:

> Hi Guilherme
>
> What do you mean by connection tracking? We currently use a
> transparent proxy for all HTTP traffic, which is logged. We don't
> currently do any more detailed logging than that. Patches are welcome
> for more advanced connection tracking, however any tracking needs to
> be customisable as some countries are the exact opposite, where you
> can't track at all.

> On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Guilherme Blum <gu***.@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Great Job!
> >
> > I've first installed right on RC1.
> >
> > I was wondering if your solution do some kind of connection track of
> users,
> > for legal purposes.
> >
> > I've not see some report of those, but i've found conntrack package on
> > dependencies
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Em sexta-feira, 31 de julho de 2015 20:03:55 UTC-3, timwhite88 escreveu:
> >>
> >> http://grasehotspot.org/2015/08/01/3-8-0-rc-1/
> >>
> >> I've released the 3.8.0 Release Candidate 1. Full details are on the
> >> blog, including how to move from the stable builds to the dev builds
> >> to test the RC1! (Dev builds are not the same as nightly builds, they
> >> will only move to the new version when we are up to RC's)
> >>
> >> Time to start upgrading so we can finally release 3.8.0 and move on to
> >> developing the next version!
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Tim
> >
> > --