2015-10-04 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: User cookie - remember

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 3395fa12f2ff20a94925e0da0623ec9d3a9a297ce4f9a866a0550c50a9388d8f
Message ID: <CAESLx0K+H+gSpF9u7hXF24caOpm5aDo74+pVyFC12vE2OgZY1w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <faa3921a-98ef-4561-bcb5-db8a5da02b4c@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-10-04 13:35:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 06:35:14 +1000

Raw message

You'll need to ensure the network settings have reloaded after increasing
the idle timeout.
Just remember, if you use vouchers based on amount of time, not amount of
data or a fixed expiry, then the idle timeout will be using up the users
time if they forget to logout.

At this stage, I can't see a great need for this feature, given that idle
timeout should solve your issue. Machine accounts also solve your issue.
The problem with remembering a user is what about a use on a public
computer, who forgets to unremember themselves? The normal use case for a
hotspot is casual users, passing by. What is your use case?