2015-10-04 - Re: User cookie - remember

Header Data

From: Eliot Ness <sc***7@googlemail.com>
Message Hash: 46b0f270b1c972e33e225371e7c8d2b8cac879bcb1d54d8de18d2ebcf12f22f9
Message ID: <f5ffd0fb-d3e6-42f0-b413-e53ee9b773f0@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <0812a24a-1051-402f-b9b9-d59c568ebe3b@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-10-04 13:58:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 13:58:12 -0700

Raw message

Tim, nightly build tested on...
With an android xperia and 10 days expire voucher example, after a long
time of disconnect from hotspot ( 2-3 hours ) then it asks again to login.
No kind of cookie to login again, just empty login and pass to re-login....
I got a commercial hotspot that is based on openwrt and never ever ask you
again to login since you give out voucher. ( I can send it to investigate
if interested )
Also another solution of easyhotspot ( too old now but with mods works ok )
send a cookie that you have to accept to remember user login
Grase is awesome, but forget - loose user.

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 3:54:54 PM UTC+3, Eliot Ness wrote:

> Back again and new install on 14.04 srv and this time nightly build on
> test.
>
> Nice new addons, but i wanna ask:
> Is there any choice to remember user? What i mean for example you create a
> voucher to expire in 10 days.
> But when user go away from your network, and return back after 1 - 2 hours
> login screen come up again.
> It will be great to re-activate without have to login again
>
> The only choice to not ask for login i find is by"computer account" mac
> adr. but this is not what i look for.
>
> Anybody find something how to?

Thread