2015-11-23 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Network access

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: e582b54e4d71c2ba1a50fdef4ad92442868f57bedc8752b8bfd4463dcf58530f
Message ID: <5652D4A0.2010706@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAAmyF+ejGJvuAvFAsLNtwfzHGu=TmzUywz3-=XCjUBhZeC_BRQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-11-23 01:56:00 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:56:00 +0100

Raw message

Hi Antonio
I like virtual space too.
But my home router is bare metal, my telecom router in company is bare
metal (cisco animal aprox 30 kg , not virtual at all haha!) , while
company main gateway/proxy/router/firewall is also bare metal (atom
server board two NIC integrated).
Same as Grase server which is also very real machine. Everything else is
virtual.

However, I am investigating again theese days solution given form our
member mr. Norberto Esteves. It was at the end of 2014. here on this forum.
The thread was named: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase Hotspot working with DD-WRT
routers in remote locations.

It is about remote authentification to Grase from WAN side using
slightly smarter AP devices with DD-WRT/CoovaChilli installed.
So far so good. Just can't get machine account get connected yet.
I choose TP link TL-842ND ver2.1 devices and flashed with dd-wrt + coova

Then and only then when everything will pass well, Grase may go virtual,
cause no LAN side needed.

Drazen

Hi Drazen,

> You said it... you are right. VMs make my life easy.
> "Since we need to route two physically separated network, NICs must be
> separated also. I guess so"
>
> Antonio
>

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015, 10:03 Dra\u017een \u017duvela <dr***a@radez.hr
> <mailto:dr***a@radez.hr>> wrote:
>

>     23.11.2015. u 0:51, Jean L�tourneau je napisao/la:
>     > right now my Grase server run on  ESXI
>
>     Hi Jean,
>     I never understood how people can run Grase on virtual enviroment. I
>     mean, I know it will work for itself as any other virtual PC, but
>     how it
>     will work for clients, and how it will route that traffic to WAN side.
>     I mean, unless virtual host has several NICs, at least one should be
>     dedicated to grase LAN side exclusively. While at least other one will
>     act as WAN.
>     Since we need to route two physically separated network, NICs must be
>     separated also. I guess so.
>
>     Maybe I don't see correctly, since all my esxi servers have 4 NIC
>     bonded
>     as one. They are representing many IP addresses but always in same
>     subnet.
>
>     rgds.
>     Drazen
>
>     --
>     To post to this group, send email to
>     gr***t@grasehotspot.org
>     <mailto:gr***t@grasehotspot.org>.
>     Visit this group at
>     http://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>     https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/5652C869.3000904%40radez.hr.

> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CAAmyF%2BejGJvuAvFAsLNtwfzHGu%3DTmzUywz3-%3DXCjUBhZeC_BRQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/CAAmyF%2BejGJvuAvFAsLNtwfzHGu%3DTmzUywz3-%3DXCjUBhZeC_BRQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thread