2015-12-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Access Point Configuration

Header Data

From: Gary Wright <wr***g@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 4c3b344c2e236713b42bc5f1732e4cacf24ad3ee9311e5aca96bb809824f1e74
Message ID: <CAA_X3qfHqB1Nqc4ykuMGZhwMDpOakcRfocS0sKe5GyKXJL-F2w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0KPUxkMyxvm6_rXoyOkjFoGdyBTaBVjp-Jf7ZPbL-E6MQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-12-13 09:42:21 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 08:42:21 -0800

Raw message

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty

grase-conf-freeradius:
  Installed: 1.9.4.16.g0d854c6
  Candidate: 1.9.4.16.g0d854c6
  Version table:
 *** 1.9.4.16.g0d854c6 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-repo:
  Installed: 1.6
  Candidate: 1.6
  Version table:
 *** 1.6 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-conf-apache2:
  Installed: 1.1.12.gabb2ede
  Candidate: 1.1.12.gabb2ede
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.12.gabb2ede 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-www-portal-ext-libs:
  Installed: 3.8.0~rc2
  Candidate: 3.8.0~rc2
  Version table:
 *** 3.8.0~rc2 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-www-portal:
  Installed: 3.8.0~rc2
  Candidate: 3.8.0~rc2
  Version table:
 *** 3.8.0~rc2 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-conf-squid3:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
grase-conf-nginx:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.1
  Version table:
     1.1 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
grase-conf-squid3-3.1:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.6.13.gc9496e0
  Version table:
     1.6.13.gc9496e0 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
grase-conf-squid3-3.3:
  Installed: 1.6.13.gc9496e0
  Candidate: 1.6.13.gc9496e0
  Version table:
 *** 1.6.13.gc9496e0 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-conf-openvpn:
  Installed: 1.7.1
  Candidate: 1.7.1
  Version table:
 *** 1.7.1 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-remote-assist-user:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.5
  Version table:
     1.5 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
grase-conf-dnsmasq:
  Installed: 1.6
  Candidate: 1.6
  Version table:
 *** 1.6 0
        500 http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:22:6b:c4:68:44
          inet addr:192.168.1.213  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::222:6bff:fec4:6844/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:6230609 (6.2 MB)  TX bytes:674687 (674.6 KB)

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1b:b9:5e:fe:90
          UP BROADCAST PROMISC  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:105148 (105.1 KB)  TX bytes:105148 (105.1 KB)

tun0      Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr
00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:10.1.0.1  P-t-P:10.1.0.1  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

tun1      Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr
00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet addr:10.64.63.207  P-t-P:10.64.62.1  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

I'll send a screenshot of the WAP Status page and the Express setup page in
a separate email.

Gary Wright
951-514-1632 Cell
wr***g@gmail.com

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> In both cases, with log-in or without, you should reach internet. You
>>> should reach grase web interface too:
>>> 10.1.0.1/grase/radmin/
>>>
>>> If everything as explained I would say that Grase setting is ok and it
>>> is working correctly.
>>>
>>> Now the most probably, your AP is doing DHCP. It should be turned off.
>>> Check this detail and try again.
>>>

>>> On 12/11/2015 03:07 PM, Gary Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I'm almost there.  What is weird is when I connect my AP I
>>> cannot access the internet anymore from my server.
>>>

>>> Is this supposed to be happening; two scenarios:
>>>
>>> 1.  When the AP is not plugged into grase server, and I can access the
>>> internet, WAN is set to eth0 and LAN is set to enth1 as it shows in
>>> ifconfig.
>>>
>>> 2.  When I plug in the AP to the grase server, it flips.  It says WAN is
>>> on eth1 and LAN is on eth0, yet on the status page it shows WAN on eth0 and
>>> LAN on tun0
>>>
>>> 3. When plugged in I can connect to my SSID (grace guest), but I don't
>>> get a grase login.
>>>
>>> Is that right?
>>>
>>> Gary Wright
>>> 951-514-1632 Cell
>>> wr***g@gmail.com
>>>

>>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM, drazen <dr***a@radez.hr> wrote:
>>>
>>> That is correct. This is what i suggest you couple of weeks ago.
>>>

>>> On 12/10/2015 07:56 PM, Gary Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Drazen.  I actually meant the IP of my AP.  It should not be in
>>> the DHCP range of the clients, correct?
>>>
>>> Sent from Gary Wrights iPhone -
>>> 951-514-1632
>>>
>>> On Dec 10, 2015, at 7:42 AM, drazen <dr***a@radez.hr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Partly correct
>>> Last address from subnet range depends of "netmask" If netmask is
>>> 255.255.255.0 only 255 adress available. So 10.1.0.1 to 10.1.0.255
>>> I suggest you some online IP calculator or android app at play store.
>>> The are plenty handy ones.
>>>

>>> On 12/10/2015 02:19 PM, Gary Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> But the IP needs to be in the 10.1.0. Range correct?  If I start DHCP at
>>> 11 then my last octet could be 10,9,8...?
>>>
>>> Sent from Gary Wrights iPhone -
>>> 951-514-1632
>>>
>>> On Dec 10, 2015, at 2:09 AM, Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Gary
>>>
>>> I'm not familar with this device. However, you will need SSID's on your
>>> radios, otherwise there isn't anything for your clients to connect to.
>>> Then, you probably just need to bridge the Radios to the Ethernet I think.
>>> You also probably don't want your Ethernet to have an IP in the Grase
>>> Hotspot range, as that IP will be given out to clients unless you adjust
>>> your DHCP range.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Gary Wright <wr***g@gmail.com
>>>
>>> This is my configuration on my 1130ag access point.  Is this correct?
>>> Do I need to set an SSID on the ap?  I see neither of my Radio's have IP's?

>>> 2. Disable DHCP on device
>>> 3. No any encription on interface (no WPA WEP ,) leave it "open"