2016-01-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: 3.8.0 is Live!

Header Data

From: Alexander Schomburg <al***x@schomb.org>
Message Hash: 89fdd82909b7e579fbe520149e199d3236c07d9fc8c90291917ef0af49918d00
Message ID: <6a66fe4b-9330-4a6e-830b-efa6942cf274@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+pxFYYs4cfJJkTFGE=wjZdnAbJ-wyprW6M+eWp6nfR9A@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-01-27 17:44:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:44:53 -0800

Raw message

Hey Tim,

thanks! The command http://192.168.0.1/grase/radmin/cron in combination
with tomas' mysql export did the trick: "Database upgraded 48". I can now
login and configure GRASE Hotspot.

I did indeed have several problems with MySQL during installation, because
I already had a MySQL daemon setup on my machine. I decided to reset it and
was able to successfully run the installation of GRASE.

Concerning /etc/radius.conf and radmin.conf I found that the installation /
dpkg-reconfigure didn't have sufficient rights to write those files. Just
for this demo installation I allowed chmod 777 on those both files and then
was able to install/reconfigure.

After some other issues with dnsmasq (conf-dir was commented in
dnsmasq.conf) GRASE seems to run just fine. But: Login is not working. I
tried both creating users in the admin interface and allowing free access.
Both variants give me errors on the TOS server (server error / invalid
response).

Thanks for your help so far!

Am Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016 22:49:22 UTC+1 schrieb timwhite88:

> Hi Alex
>
> Can you please try going to http://192.168.0.1/grase/radmin/cron and
> capture any output from that page. Then try and login again.
> In a quick test I did. If Apache wasn't running when the hotspot was
> installed, the cronjob didn't get run, and so the database upgrade scripts
> hadn't run.
>
> I've created a ticket (
> https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/142
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FGraseHotspot%2Fgrase-www-portal%2Fissues%2F142&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFSsQFliZnfnxuuiFVvQohuvghQqg>)
> to fix the Cronjob not running.
>
> It also sounds like you may not have had the correct database's in the
> first place. When you installed, did you have issues setting up the
> databases? It should have prompted you for the root password for the
> databases so it could install it's own user, and databases.
> If the databases are correctly installed, you should have 2 files with the
> details in /etc/grase/ called radius.conf  and radmin.conf . Can you
> please verify if those files are there.

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Timothy White <ti***.@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex
>>
>> Is this a fresh installation or an upgrade?
>>
>> Can you please follow the instructions at
>> https://grasehotspot.org/support/collecting-support-information/ to
>> collect some support information so we can try and work out the cause of
>> this.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:32 AM, Alexander Schomburg <al***.@schomb.org
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using http://192.168.0.1/grase/radmin/ for login.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your `radmin` database export. I imported it and added the
>>> admin user with your hash. Still no joy. "Incorrect login"
>>>
>>> ###
>>> mysql> INSERT INTO auth VALUES
>>> ("admin","2c9c1aecd820e3fba580e10e1411fd42d32d3a3ac00dfb10d","1");
>>> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
>>>
>>> mysql> SELECT * FROM auth;
>>>
>>> +----------+---------------------------------------------------+-------------+
>>> | username | password                                          |
>>> accesslevel |
>>>
>>> +----------+---------------------------------------------------+-------------+

>>> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>>> ###
>>>
>>> I guess I need to reinstall again from scratch and try again?

>>> <javascript:>.
>>> Visit this group at
>>> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/group/grase-hotspot/.
>>> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/4520a7c0-08a4-48db-bc29-cfd962359879%40grasehotspot.org
> [...]