2016-02-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] broadcast message

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 475206e22773e0b292246fa2f5db326dd75ab0d3d7c8a81330448d07fc3da67d
Message ID: <CAESLx0Jqrk8+bZXoMeFCR_-YEGU45cUuavy=anbRr4Wk-O14Pg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <56B2A095.3000209@neon-john.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-02-15 04:23:24 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:23:24 +1000

Raw message

Hi John

There isn't any way I can think of for doing a broadcast message. Assuming
everyone keeps the status window open, we could probably implement
something there. Alternatively, we could put an alerts message on the login
page, but that wouldn't be seen unless they were trying to login.

In the future, we might collect email address, in which case an email to
everyone would also work.

Regarding Desktop vs Server edition. The main issue with Desktop is Network
Manager can sometimes screw with the network settings. As long as you get
the network config right in /etc/network/interfaces, you should be fine.