2016-05-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: UAM redirection

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 651e22c2f0b374e79352499297363548599fde976926a32d09e1d127304cd8ed
Message ID: <CAESLx0JUS9j=MOwL_nc0TvCzxJnWNZ5pUyobRm4eOx79JtM_=g@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <1de8672c-5834-4502-8014-7205a69b647d@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-05-14 04:38:18 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 21:38:18 +1000

Raw message

Hi José

Finally replicated this. And it hints of a big bug somewhere, just got to
work out where. Figured I'd do a scientific test to only change 1 thing at
a time to work out the issue. Finally got it after about the 12th time of
connecting/disconnect. And looking at the packet captures there is
something disturbing. The request to
http://connectivitycheck.gstatic.com/generate_204 to check for connectivity
gets through.
I tested further, and even though that request got through, seconds later
attempting to connect to yahoo.com fails.

I only have Android Nexus5X running marshmallow to test. I assume the
reason this works for iPhones is that they use a different mechanism for
checking if the internet works.

I'll keep digging and see if I can work out what causes it. At this stage
it appears to be a Coova Chilli bug, where, I have no idea.

Tim