2017-01-30 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] is coova-chilli compiled with –with-nfcoova ?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: b5de8e0cf28d6b91b392cd3eb2635e91bee87d3a6369848eca71bee3f54ec6d2
Message ID: <CAESLx0K04ZmqxmeieiRr0s+Xst8+Dp9z++7C-14=gsiCuxdptg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <5c979d23-2f89-4af4-a7ac-a98809e7ec26@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-01-30 04:27:16 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:27:16 +1000

Raw message

Hi Gianluca

Unfortunately nfcoova is a kernel module, so much harder to setup. It would
require that we build it targeted at a specific kernel version, on a
specific Linux distribution and version.
I am doing work on splitting the repository into multiple, one per distro
version, however even when that's done, it'll take lots of time for me to
get the nfcoova stuff working in a nice way that I can package it and have
it reliably run.

Having said that, the error messages you have posted don't suggest you need
nfcoova, but rather you need to work out why the radius queue is full, and
tweak that. Monitor your server for high load, see if it's a database
server issue, or is it freeradius. If you look for a recent post on the
mailing list, you'll see another thing to try is changing the Accounting
Interval.

nfcoova is only for throughput issues, so you need a large upstream pipe,
and enough users that you can actually utilise that pipe.