2017-01-30 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] is coova-chilli compiled with –with-nfcoova ?

Header Data

From: Gianluca Filippini <gi***4@gmail.com>
Message Hash: cc0c20919e715030e9be3a7326241f0755b069fe596d798b7374a63a91a29ff5
Message ID: <a094ec0d-f289-4f94-993e-c3004938e3d7@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <CAESLx0K04ZmqxmeieiRr0s+Xst8+Dp9z++7C-14=gsiCuxdptg@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-01-30 09:20:41 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:20:41 -0800

Raw message

thanks Tim,
I'll have to play around with the accounting interval..

yeah .. I have a medium-large setup and that is the root cause of my
problems I suppose.
I've already tweaked the number of threads for the database and other
variables .. but I still see this issue when I reach the peak of load.

in average I have 120 users, peak of 180, generating a constant  30Mbit/s
with a peak of 60Mbit/s of traffic.
the machine has plenty of resources .. 16G ram, 4cores xeon 3.2Ghz .. and a
100Mbit/s symmetrical (FTTH)
monitoring the hw I don;t see it to max out cpu / ram anytime

still ... I'm at the point where freeradius get stuck and I need to restart
processes (if not the whole machine) very frequently.
when the load is lower (like 30/40 users) everything seems stable..

I suspect coova/freeradius are the culprit of this problem

thanks