2017-03-14 - Re: Free access only captive portal performance

Header Data

From: José Borges <jo***s@algardata.pt>
Message Hash: a5878428467843b27a6178c7ba59a67e7bc57b84602a213cd6dc2e42cc3d52c8
Message ID: <55c0e73b-8c4f-495c-9463-3cef461b6b10@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <7afd3daa-6870-4127-aebd-2372a9848db8@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-03-14 09:25:13 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:25:13 -0700

Raw message

Make a IF NOT LOGGED IN include this css ELSE include that css ENDIF :) in
the login template file.

terça-feira, 14 de Março de 2017 às 16:15:50 UTC, Michael escreveu:

> I was going to do that, although if I'm using the same page for the
> initial captive portal, as well as the after signup page would I be able to
> make the CSS toggle I wonder?  I know you can set CSS rules for 'Print'
> ect. maybe the solutions there.
>
> On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2:14:05 AM UTC-7, José Borges wrote:
>>

>> You better use css, like: style="display:none;" on the <div> to hide it
>> :D its that easy.
>>

>> TOS captive with button to signup for free wifi (actual connect button is
>> hidden below a huge blank <div> space.. betting they wont scroll down)
>>

>> segunda-feira, 13 de Março de 2017 às 22:25:56 UTC, Michael escreveu:
>>>
>>> First off, big thanks to Tim and the developers behind Grase hotspot as
>>> well as the community here! This is my first time posting but I have been
>>> scouring the group for a while and it's been a huge help getting through
>>> roadblocks.
>>>
>>> I have successfully built a working Grase setup with an old PC with
>>> Ubuntu desktop 14 and a basic DD-WRT flashed router setup in AP mode which
>>> follows the following process for users:
>>>

>>>    1. WIFI connect
>>>    2. TOS captive with button to signup for free wifi (actual connect
>>>    button is hidden below a huge blank <div> space.. betting they wont scroll
>>>    down)
>>>    3. Button re-directs to allowed domain for a external Mailchimp
>>>    newsletter form signup
>>>    4. Back to captive page with anchor link to connect button after
>>>    successful single opt-in.
>>>    5. Connect to internet
>>>

>>> My question is concerning what may be the bare minimum performance to
>>> run the above steps and no any additional authentication? Would using a Pi3
>>> be acceptable for 50-100 simultaneous users?  I attempted to use a simple
>>> NoDogSplash setup on a router but was unsuccessful in getting the above
>>> process to work, so using a separate PC for just a free wifi portal was my
>>> only avenue but I would like to stay dirt cheap on the PC if possible.  I'm
>>> not very versed in networking lore so it may be the case where the router
>>> is what generally needs to "handle" the user load, and not the Grase
>>> server, but I thought I would ask.
>>>
>>> Thank you!!

Thread