2017-07-23 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Purge users from the free access group

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: de1863b3deab87500b0e59076faf08feffe93c0604279aa0b2c5d9ccb3725781
Message ID: <CAESLx0K=r+Koq+0+=a3W61Xx-7=M4OH67xnTN3D5kttYF7cm-w@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <6f488e5d-443c-6add-bf97-db7fc77ea8a9@radez.hr>
UTC Datetime: 2017-07-23 14:14:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 07:14:10 +1000

Raw message

Sorry for the delay in response.

RADIUS is about restricting access, and the free login still uses RADIUS to
do exactly that. An open WiFi allows abuse. An open WiFi controlled by
Grase with Free Login allows you to restrict access, for example a daily
time limit, or bandwidth restrictions etc. You can also block a user who is
abusing the system.

For now, there isn't a nice way to remove the excess of users without
running some SQL. I've opened an issue (
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/170) to sort this
out. It's a simple fix, so hopefully I can do something in the next few
weeks.