2017-10-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Android devices not connecting.

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 0bf9e1633961f0131acac34a61c524c5cf93b995524f31aa0ffb21cc0fc04e12
Message ID: <CAESLx0LeB1k_gfPJ4uj-NF_sWDwJGv8V45ap2Phm=16z_nEBDA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <011ca171-5179-4897-84a1-8d3c0b48ab6b@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2017-10-26 14:17:57 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:17:57 +1000

Raw message

Hi Luis

It's hard to know where your issues are coming from. Is it only on
Android devices? What version of Android are they running? What is the
error like? It sounds like you can't even connect to the WiFi, so it
may be a configuration issues with your WiFi hardware, not Grase.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Luis Alberto Guzman Garcia
<l.***g@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm back testing and playing with grase.
>
> I'm facing the issue that when I settled it up, it worked with my android
> device, I tested another and all good.
> Yesterday I tested with some other devices for testing the server, and they
> would not connect they stayed on the Saved network.
>
> I thought that it was because of the "Smart Network Switch" feature of
> Android, but for some reason there are now several devices I'm testing and
> seems that only the first 2 smartphones that I used are capable to stablish
> wireless connection.
> I'm using a 2.4 @ 40Mhz ubiquiti AP, would you recommend to use 20 Mhz
> instead?
>
> Thanks!