2017-10-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Android devices not connecting.

Header Data

From: emre erdoğan <po***e@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 447360644f4ce35f6d165a3f6b29f9898c43197ed16f4c1f124d3f07735d9e88
Message ID: <CADDedMG5GYG-Ov-NmurKXW++iTG02LQUQncq7+mS9UjT0aRXHw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CACJdL0P01fjTVvZ1ROkars-FFvTu-+cNsVcu8KpVG5be-yJ–Q@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2017-10-26 23:53:55 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 09:53:55 +0300

Raw message

Android version 6 and above have no problem. They are detecting the captive
portal and automatically forwarding to the login screen. However, the old
ones are not detecting automatically. If user opens a web browser after
wifi connection, most users' starting address is usually https://google.com.
Because of "https" the blank screen comes. Another point of Android users
is not typing the whole web address. They usually search the site name and
again Google's address is starting with "https" and it blocks to the login
page.